MY CFO SERVICES:
Small Business Financial Planning
Why invest in tax preparation?
Any business owner who plans to take advantage of company growth and a continued flow of profit must consider the use of professional tax preparation and tax planning services. If new business owners aspire to achieve results which will generate successful and smooth operations, this should actually be one of the very first steps that is considered.
ALLEVIATING THE CONFUSION & PRESSURE OF TAXES
Most small business owners wear many hats: CEO, CFO, accountant and IT guy, all rolled into one. Even though there are many “do it yourself” tax softwares, the complex and confusing tax requirements have made it impossible for the average business owner to keep up with the confusion and chaos involved in these ever-changing laws.
There seem to be even more tax law changes in the last several years. The rules are tougher and penalties get higher. Business can’t afford to miss their tax obligations.
I specialize in taxes for small to medium sized businesses and business owners. I am continuously brushing up on each new law that passes and can take away the worry, frustration, and confusion when it’s that time again for tax preparation. I ensure your business is in compliance with tax laws and the accuracy of your tax data. Your tax returns will be checked and rechecked to identify potential problems the IRS may look at more closely, lowering your contact with the IRS.
Services Offered to Small Business
You deserve sound and experienced advice. I have over thirty years of expertise to address a board variety of issues at the various stages of growing your business, such as:
- Entity Selection (S or C Corporation, Partnership, LLC, etc.)
- Tax accounting method choices
- Business purchase or start up
- Capitalization or funding of business
- Business expansion/financing
- Stock options
- Sell of business or liquidation
Part-time CFO Services
Growing businesses often reach a point where they need professional financial advice, but cannot afford a full-time CFO or controller.
The cost of hiring a full-time CFO can range from $75,000 to over $150,000 per year plus bonuses and benefits. My part-time CFO services provide you with experienced support at a small fraction of that cost.
Here's what you get with my services:
More time to focus on new services, new customers and other core business issues.
- Better understanding of the financial side of your business, so you have less surprises and more control over the money
- Improved decision-making capabilities from clearly seeing the hard and true numbers of your business
- A readily available sounding board to help you with those tough business decisions and help you clarify your business plans
- The comfort from knowing that a professional is overseeing, protecting and constantly improving the financial side of your business
- A professional who establishes strong financial controls in your business to reduce employee theft and increase profits
- Training and managing your bookkeeping staff
- Improved quality and timeliness of financial information
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Profitability analysis by service or product line
- Tax saving strategies
- Trend analysis
- Assistance in defining long-range plans and the quantification of goals
- Cash management
- Liaison with bankers, attorneys, vendors, insurance agents, etc.
- Assistance in obtaining financing from banks, including assistance with negotiations
- Review/negotiation of insurance policies
- Development of company bookkeeping procedure manuals
- Analysis of equipment purchases, expansions, etc.
- Mergers and acquisitions assistance
- Custom designed collection policies and procedures